Category Archives: Look to learn jingle activities
Look to learn thinking activities to inspire Level 3students to write their own jingles.
Aeroplane jelly is an Australian Icon. How did it become so?
- Make a claim about what food you want to advertise
- Identify support for your claim that this is the best food ever!
- What do you want people to remember?
- use this information to brainstorm your ideas.
- organise your ideas into 4 lines.
- say your lines out loud and clap the beat – do you have 8 beats in each line?
WATCH THESE JINGLES
What is a jingle?
Who writes them?
When do you see and hear them?
Why are they used by advertisers?
How does it influence your food eating habits?
Which jingle do you know by heart?
here are some other jingles put together by someone who likes food:
Have fun with this jingle trivia website:
What’s so great about…
1. Why do you think people say this is so great?
2. List what makes it “outstanding?”
3. What would you do differently?